Import and Exports continue

 By Austin Evans 


    This week I worked on getting the Imports and exports fully functional. For the export, I was tasked with having the file be formatted. Since we are saving the file as a CSV I need to find a way to have to split the data in the file. I first needed to find where I can get the information for the routine history and ended up using the routine class for the information. Since the routines are always increasing in the list I had it loop. After that, I called each function that matches the column-like name I called cRoutine.getM_szName(), having the name saved for the exercise name. I did the same thing for weight, height, and reps. Finally, have the information save to the file and we get this:












    For the import I was able to get it to work for android 11.  Here I made another acivity and class for the import, I have a permission function in the import where if the user allows the app then the file would be imported. In the beginning I had a toast message pop up but for some reason it doesn't show. So instead I have the activity showing a text view and reading if the file was successful or not.

       I would like to take a step back and realize that the development cycle of this app is almost other. It's really cool to see how far the app has come and I excited to see where to go next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software Design Doc and UI Mockups

Debugging, Exporting, and making changes to the radar chart

Android versions are confusing!